Installment Payment Plan
The installment plan allows taxpayers to pay their real estate property taxes in four installments throughout the year. For many taxpayers, splitting their tax bill into four smaller payments is a helpful way to manage their household budget. Participants in the installment plan receive a discount of approximately 3.5% of their total tax bill.
Who can participate?
Property owners with an estimated tax bill of more than $100 are eligible. To participate, taxpayers must fill out an application and submit it to the Tax Collector’s office by April 30 of the current tax year. For example, to pay your 2016 taxes by installment, we must receive your application by April 30, 2016. Once you are enrolled and the first installment payment is made, you do not have to reapply every year, as long as the first installment payment is made every year.
Please note: The installment payment plan application period is closed for 2015 property taxes. Installment payment plan applications for 2016 property taxes will be accepted starting November 1, 2015 and are due by April 30, 2016.
How do I apply?
There are two options to apply for the 2016 installment payment plan:
Option 1: Online Application
To apply for the 2016 installment payment plan online, click here to look up your property tax account by the real estate account number, property address, or owner’s name, and click on the green “Apply for the 2016 Installment Payment Plan” button.
Option 2: Paper Application
Complete the Application to Participate in the Installment Payment Plan and return it (in person, email, fax or via mail) to the Pinellas County Tax Collector’s office. Return in person at 315 Court Street, 3rd Floor, Clearwater, FL 33756-5165, by mail to P.O. Box 4006, Seminole, FL 33775-4006, by email to email@example.com, or by fax to 727-464-4110.
Online and paper applications must be received by April 30th of the tax year in which application is being made.
When are the payments due?
1st Payment – June 30
One quarter of previous year’s gross tax discounted 6%.
2nd Payment – September 30
One quarter of previous year’s gross tax discounted 4.5%.
3rd Payment – December 31
One quarter of the current year’s adjusted tax amount discounted 3%.
4th Payment – March 31
One quarter of the current year’s adjusted tax amount, no discount.
- If the first payment in June is not made on time, the taxpayer has the option to make the first quarterly payment by July 31. However, in this case, the taxpayer loses the discount and must pay an extra 5% penalty.
- Taxpayers who do not make the first installment payment by July 31 will be returned to an annual payment status, and future participation will require reapplication.
- If the second or third payment is not made on time, the overdue amount is added to the next installment payment. However, missed installment payments result in the loss of the appropriate discount. Any amount remaining unpaid on April 1 is subject to all provisions of law pertaining to delinquent taxes.
- After receiving your 2015 tax notice, you cannot sign up for the installment plan for your 2015 taxes. To enroll for 2016, you must sign up by April 30, 2016, and then begin making installment payments in June. Click here to download the 2016 Installment Payment Plan Application.
- Once the first payment has been made, the taxpayer will continue to receive quarterly tax notices, which are due upon receipt.