2014 Important Dates
- Offices closed Wednesday, Jan. 1 for New Year’s.
- Offices closed Monday, Jan. 20 for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
- Allows a 2% discount on payment of property taxes if paid by January 31.
- Apply for property tax exemption in the Property Appraiser’s Office through March 1. Exemptions include homestead, widow and disability, etc. Check with Property Appraiser’s Office for all exemptions by calling 727-464-3294 or visit their website at pcpao.org
- File tangible tax returns through April 1 in the Property Appraiser’s Office.
- January 31 is the deadline for filing homestead tax deferral applications with the Tax Collector’s office.
- Offices closed for training Monday, Feb. 17, Presidents Day.
- Allows a 1% discount for payment of property taxes if paid by February 28.
- Cancellation letters are sent to all certificate owners who hold certificates that will cancel on June 1 of the current year.
- Pay gross amount of property taxes due by March 31.
- Fourth quarterly installment payment is due.
- Tax reminder notices are mailed.
- Taxes become delinquent on April 1. Real property taxes interest accrues at 3%.
- Tangible personal property taxes accrues interest at 1.5% per month plus advertising costs.
- Tax Collector will advertise delinquent personal property liens within 45 days from April 1.
- Reminder notices are mailed out to all installment payment customers with unpaid accounts.
- Tax warrant processing on delinquent tangible personal property taxes begins May 1.
- Initial applications to pay taxes by installment must be received by Tax Collector on or before May 1.
- A list of delinquent real estate taxpayers is advertised in newspaper for three consecutive weeks. The cost of advertising is added to the delinquent tax bill on May 1. Payment of real estate taxes received after April 1 must be in the form of cash or certified funds.
- Tax certificate sale of delinquent real estate taxes, begins on or before June 1.
- Delinquent personal property certified mailing announcing court date for those who have unpaid accounts.
- Offices closed Monday, May 26 for Memorial Day.
- Renew all company owned vessels and vehicles, company-owned trucks 5,000 lbs and under, and some lease vehicles.
- Half-year heavy truck registrations expire May 31 with a grace period to midnight, June 30 applies to all company vehicles.
- First quarterly installment payment is due.
- Offices closed Friday, July 4 for Independence Day.
- Delinquent real estate tax notices are mailed.
- Property Appraiser mails out T.R.I.M. notices.
- File complaints for property assessments to the Value Adjustment Board.
- Hearing in Circuit Court to ratify and confirm issuance of delinquent personal property tax warrants.
- Offices closed Monday, Sept. 1 for Labor Day.
- Second quarterly installment payment is due.
- Offices closed Monday, Oct. 13 for Columbus Day.
- Tax bills are mailed last business day of the month.
- Offices closed Tuesday, November 11 for Veterans Day.
- Offices closed Thursday, Nov. 27 and Friday, Nov. 28 for Thanksgiving.
- Pay real estate and tangible personal property taxes; Allows a 4% discount if paid by November 30.
- Begin accepting installment payment applications for next year’s taxes.
- Homestead tax deferral applications are available for the current tax year.
- Allows 3% discount on payment of property taxes if paid by December 31.
- Renew trucks over 5,000 lbs., truck trailers, semi-trailers, and nine-passenger (or more) leased vehicles.
- Renew window stickers for mobile homes that are in rental parks.
- Annual mass mailing of tourist development tax returns.
- Third quarterly installment payment is due.
- Offices closed Thursday, Dec. 25 and Friday, Dec. 26 for Christmas.